NEWS: Our CEO, Professor Sattar Bawany has been named alongside Dr Marshall Goldsmith and Tony Robbins as the top 15 exceptional executive coaches who have had a major influence in the field of leadership development and coaching.
Executive coaching focuses on developing a senior executive’s full potential by coaching them to think and act beyond existing limits and paradigms.
Our C-Suite Executive Coaching is a highly individualized form of leadership development and support available because it is based on the understanding that to be maximally effective, executives must accurately identify their strengths and areas of development, examine the impact of their behavior on others, and regularly and intentionally reflect on their values, goals, and effectiveness.
The strength of executive coaching lies in the fact that it is almost exclusively an executive development strategy that builds leadership and management strength because it is ultimately concerned about understanding where the executive is, where it is that they want to go, and the things that they would have to do to get there.
Executive coaching offers a way out of this by providing an opportunity for the executive to have an independent sounding board and strategic partner in a safe and confidential environment.
Our proprietary coaching approach involves leveraging on the executive coach’s observations with the executive’s expertise resulting in the executive achieving better and faster results-oriented outcomes while operating in a highly disruptive, digital-driven and VUCA centric business environment era of Industry 4.0.
Our A.D.A.M.™ coaching methodology (See Figure 1) is a structured and proven approach towards coaching c-suite executives. The methodology consists of the following four-step process that is firmly grounded in leadership development best practices:
- Assess: Assessment and information gathering from various stakeholders.
- Discovery: The senior executive will develop self-awareness of their leadership development gaps based on the results of the assessments.
- Action Plan: The senior executive with the support of the executive coach will craft the professional development plan to achieve the measurable goals.
- Measure: A full evaluation of the effectiveness of the engagement based on the agreed success metrics to assess the outcomes for both the senior executive and the organization.
While many executives are familiar with executive coaching, and may even have enlisted the help of external coaches at some point, few understand the right type of coaching approach required to address the challenges faced by leaders in transition situations. Many newly placed executives fail within their first 2 years in the position for reasons ranging from their inability to adjust to a new role and develop effective relationships, to a lack of understanding of the business imperatives. What new leaders do during their 90 days in a new role greatly determines the extent of their success for the next several years.
What if there was a proven process to support new leaders in their role while significantly increasing return on investment and ensuring a positive economic impact for the organization?
One such process is ‘Transition Coaching™’, an integrated and systematic process that engages and assimilates the new leader into the organization’s corporate strategy and culture to accelerate productivity (See Figure 2).
Transition Coaching™ encompasses the goals of executive coaching but focuses on a specific niche, the newly appointed leader (either being promoted from within or being hired externally). Leadership transitions are among the most challenging and difficult situations executives face. Take the case of a leader who might enter a new position thinking he or she already has all the answers; or just the opposite, the leader might lack a clear understanding of what to expect of the role. The goal of transition coaching is to reduce the time it takes for new leaders to make a net contribution to the organization and establish a framework for ongoing success.
Transition coaching is also recommended when organizations assigning managers to the role, for the first time, in leading the digital transformation projects. If organizations use the right transition strategies the leader will not only help prevent failure but will also create additional value by accelerating the new leader’s effectiveness. Transition coaching engages the new disruptive digital leader in the organization’s corporate strategy and culture to accelerate performance.
Apart from the C-Suite Executive Coaching and Transition Coaching services, we offer a comprehensive suite of solutions-focused corporate coaching services and support that are customdesigned to help leaders at all levels develop and master the relevant competencies, skills and behaviors that are required to navigate successfully in today’s complex, disruptive, digital-driven and ever-changing business environment.
While each executive coaching engagement is tailored to the leader’s (coachee) unique situation, our ‘A.D.A.M.™’ methodology is anchored in adult transformational learning and behavior theory, active and experiential learning, and guided practice. We partner with relevant stakeholders to identify a leadership coaching plan that is outcomes-focused and measurable.
Our suite of corporate coaching programs includes the following:
- Virtual Coaching: Our proven expertise in executive coaching translates online. Available anytime, virtual coaching provides leaders access to support and development, even outside of traditional business hours. This is increasingly a preferred option by organizations right now to support their leaders to manage immediate challenges and explore solutions to critical questions that will shape the post-pandemic “new normal”. Virtual, not impersonal where we offer an individualized virtual coaching experience that gets results, yet maintains a human touch and personalized feel.
- Group & Team Coaching: In Group Coaching, our coach will facilitate the uncovering and utilizing the knowledge of a group of leaders who have been brought together by a common theme or set of challenges. The coach will help them use this collective knowledge to achieve their individual goals. Whereas in team coaching, the coach role involves the art of facilitating and challenging an existing team to maximize its performance and build high performance and strengthen productivity. When team coaching is embedded into teams, they learn to hold each other accountable, become self-managed and able to thrive in the challenging disruptive workplace of the future.
- Managerial Coaching: We offer a range of options to develop the leader’s coaching competence and leveraging coaching as a performance management tool, create a shift from a ‘command and control’ approach to a more effective, engaging and inspirational leadership style resulting in better communication, reductions in crises and conflict, meaningful employee engagement, more productive work performance and improved business results. By immediately applying the learned concepts with direct reports, peers and colleagues an an-organization wide coaching culture emerges.
- Coaching Certifications Programs: Internal Coach Certification is a rigorous and rewarding 3-6 month experiential learning program that is customized to the needs of the organization. This intensive and highly experiential learning program promotes a coaching culture by equipping an internal team of leaders with a robust set of coaching skills allowing them to coach internal leaders in short term engagements. The participants will learn to coach well, integrate those skills into their “day job” and recognize opportunities for development in others and develop the skills to improve talent retention and loyalty scores resulting in strengthening the leadership pipeline with enhanced productivity and profitability.
- Reverse Mentoring Programs: We partner with organizations to design and implement the conventional mentoring programs for high-potential employees which remains one of the greatest resources available for their development them. In recent years, we have uncovered
that the success of digital transformation within organizations, is sometimes less about the organization and the market as a whole than it is about the people who adopt data and leverage technology for better business results. Reverse mentoring or also known as “upward mentoring” is a great way for senior leaders as the primary learner to learn data and technology skills from younger team members, many of them digital natives, to advance their skills and improve outcomes for the organization.
“The talent cohort has benefited tremendously from your group and individual coaching sessions and your generous sharing of insights and knowledge. In particular, the cohort had enjoyed the numerous intellectual sparring sessions and the way you challenged their thought processes to come up with innovative and yet pragmatic solutions to address the current business situations and issues that they were facing. In addition, the exchanges were often tempered with a high level of emotional support and encouragement from you which helped them to remain focused when the going got tough.”
“The “Managerial Coaching Skills” Workshop which you had successfully facilitated has allowed the SLT members to leverage a fully developed coaching model which enables them to immediately implement in the workplace resulted in the development of a coaching culture within Prasarana.
The Group Executive Coaching sessions as well as Individualised Executive Coaching for selected members of the SLT members have raised their standards for constructive, collaborative conversations with their respective teams, and they have developed practical business-based skills and competencies. This has not only shaped the 4 individual leader’s performance but also, increasingly build broader organizational capacity.”
“The Action Learning-based Workplace Project, where the participants were required to work on specifically designed project teams, have been found by them to be extremely useful as they were able to immediately apply newly-acquired leadership practices for multidimensional problem-solving to important challenges and opportunities facing their organizations.
The participants also valued the series of contemporary and practical case studies that were introduced throughout the programme which were relevant to their circumstances. The programme curriculum includes breakthrough academic research from the latest book, “Leadership in Disruptive Times” (2020), which the participants have found to be critical in developing their agility in navigating the complexity of leading in an era of the highly disruptive and digital-driven workplace.”
“One valued aspect of the Masterclass is the highly contemporary, practical and relevant nature of the programme to our business. The highly experiential course utilises a dynamic blend of skilled instructor presentation and individual as well as group skill practice in each of the concepts presented, using real business concerns, issues and challenges brought by participants.
The introduction of multiple critical thinking process tools (including Cognitive Readiness, RED Model, Phoenix Checklist and Force Field Analysis) allows our leaders to look at problems comprehensively and make well-thought-out recommended action plans and effective decisions. The participants can use the processes they learned to apply to ongoing business challenges they faced in leading their respective teams toward achieving our organisation’s mission, vision, strategic intent, goals and KPIs.”
“The practical case studies and important lessons you impart across the intensive modules; together with the systematic and fact-based approach of the programme, allow for a deep understanding of the best practices and the pertinent leadership practices that can be immediately applied to our daily work. The learnings are not just critical to our organisation’s digital transformation needs, but also each participants’ professional and personal leadership development.
I would recommend CEE and DLI for any organization looking to develop its senior leadership team. The lessons are practical and the learnings profound. The programme has put us in good stead to deliver on our responsibilities as leaders; as we push forward through challenges and embrace new opportunities that the digitally charged era of Industry 4.0 offers us.“
“I would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your sharing. It is highly relevant, thought-provoking and was well-received by our members, many of whom are professionals and business leaders. The Q&A session was dynamic and intense. I am certain that our members have benefited tremendously from this sharing.
The primary takeaway from the session is how to prepare for a prolonged adjustment to the current COVID-19 pandemic and how leaders can be prepared to make the necessary shift in the manner they are leading and engaging the team in the “new normal” of the post-pandemic workplace. The case studies and examples used during the session were also useful.”
“You had successfully helped to communicate to our members the processes, issues, and challenges of managing digital transformation in organisations especially in the context of post COVID19. Many of our members had conveyed their sincere appreciation for such a unique opportunity to join and participate in the webinar and to hear from a distinguished speaker. Your ability to simplify a complex subject is truly admirable. The active engagement that ensued is a testament to the success of the webinar.
The presentation and interaction thereafter were engaging, demonstrating the broad knowledge of strategy and management expertise that you possess which could be brought down for practical application to small and medium-sized companies. We are also very grateful for your generosity to share vast numbers of quality corporate examples and experiences. The disruptive digital mindset is now firmly embedded in the members who had attended the webinar. Thank you for contributing to the development of our SICCI members and I hope there will be a future opportunity for the Chambers to engage your services once again.”